Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Buy Jammers from SwimOutlet.com

















Really pretty ocean today.  Clean, warm water, flat, waves 2-4 feet with good shape for the surfers.  Great weather and not many beachgoers at all.  The Race Across America cyclists are still around some; I think they have been leaving in stages day by day.
I was extremely stressed and agitated from work today so I got this plan in my mind that I would swim straight out to sea for 30 minutes, turn around, and return to shore.  It was beautiful swimming out, just relaxing and beautiful.  However, it starts to get creepy after a while out there alone.  I was probably a little over a half-mile out and my watch read 19 minutes.  I decided to wimp out and turn around.  Eleven more minutes and I would have been so dang far out that the fear would have gotten its seeds growing in my imagination.  At 19 minutes the ocean was turning this deep, gorgeous, clear blue color; I think it was getting deep.
So, I turned around and swam in to about 100 yards from shore.  I still had lots of energy to burn so I swam back and forth until I had hit 55 minutes for the swim.
I feel very good now.  Relaxed.  And I even remembered the camera.  I'm getting braver showing off my chubby body in my jammers swim suit.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment