Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday Late Afternoon Pier Swim and Downtown Street Fair




















     I took too many photos today because I was so happy with myself that I had charged my camera's battery, and I wanted to show off.  I really DO need a camera that takes pictures that people can see; my photos just give a general idea of what the scene is.
     A rigorous thirty-seven minute swim in choppy water was a victory of sorts for me today.  My pain doctor gave me four radio frequency nerve ablations on my right lumbar spine and they helped me A BUNCH.  I'm to get four more ablations in two weeks on the left lumbar side.  I have had three days without pain medicine: priceless.
     The water was warm and greenish.  It was stirred up and cloudy, with some strong surgy waves in the surf zone.  They're fun as long as they don't hurt you.  Surfline.com has the temp as 64-66 but I'd guess 67-70.  Lots of flags on the sand to warn of rips and dangerous conditions.  A good crowd, I'd say.
     Now, about that Thursday evening Downtown Oceanside Street Fair, what a mess.  How many multi-tattooed characters with their pit bulls can we cram into one block?  A low-class affair.  The city should step it up a notch or two in that endeavor.  Here's a suggestion, Oceanside:  How about restrooms?  Not just for the street fair area but at the beach and Pier area.  People have to go...and that's all I have to say about that (as Forrest Gump would finish).
   

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment