Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rough Water Around the Pier Sunday but Neat





Today I wore my fins, webbed gloves, and even my US Divers Swimmer's Safety Vest (yellow) with the CO2 cartridge or oral inflation methods. I alternated between backstroke and sidestroke, switching off sides, and got around the pier and back in. The water was chilly and very rough, with swells in the range of 8 feet. I swam against the current, and got dizzy a few times. It was a good, invigorating, and challenging swim. Took me a solid hour.
So what's up with that sign on the big concrete thing in the picture at the top left that says "No Sand?" And the "No Sand picture bottom left looks like there is a hand reaching up out of the concrete circular thing. Cheesh. Then I see the word "Hot." Maybe that's why the person with the hand is trying to get out, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment