Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Pier Gets Sleazier



















































I went with a swim buddy first after work to the beach on Camp Pendleton but we were not allowed in the water. Well, check that; we would have been allowed only as far as the surf zone, not past. They have clamped down on safety because of the drowning five days ago on this beach on base. Better safe than sorry for the time being.


So, I went to the Oceanside Pier to swim it and I think every time that I drive to/through downtown Oceanside and the beach and Pier area (both above and below), the more homeless, drug addicts, thugs, tattooed covered gang members or wannabees, etcetera I observe. Today it really bothered me after I got out of the water. My swim was nice, the water was warm, a bit rough, and pretty good-sized waves. I'm walking back under the pier on the sidewalk and little street and I get yelled at by some jerk going way too fast on a bicycle in this pedestrian area. He tells me to watch where I'm walking; I'm the guy in the walking around area under the pier, not in the midst of a bicycle raceway.


The drug addicts look young and pathetic-rings in the noses, filthy, acting overly loud and seemingly trying to annoy those people just trying to enjoy the beach peacefully.


The same homeless bums are always there. They have their usual spots. Why did they build that big Wyndham hotel there for the bums to linger around and creep out the locals and the visitors?


Can we get the police to run off the bad element down there? The police show a presence but they don't seem to do anything. I'm just bummed out today after a nice swim turned sour because of the creeps that one has to pass through going to one's car and driving in and out.












No comments:

Post a Comment