Friday, June 10, 2011

Oceanside Pier Swim June 9, 2011

So, no pictures today because I had not planned to swim today after work. However, I drove by the beach and there were plenty of parking spots so I just went for it. My neck isn't better yet but I thought that the water might help. It didn't help the neck but I got my adrenaline rush in. No wet suit today, no rash guard shirt or shorts. Just plain trunks, fins, and goggles. The water was high tide, cold, and rough and surgy. The rip currents were just close to the pier on both sides, not all over the place like it was the last couple of weeks.
Swimming out into the chop was vigorous; the chop was about two feet. Swimming in was with the chop so it was a bit better. I didn't have my swim cap and it sure makes a difference in the cold water-the inside of your ears get cold without it. I was getting pretty cold by the end-it took about forty minutes to get around and I was tring to put some good effort into the swim.
So, a good swim, and I'll probably go on Friday again.

No comments:

Post a Comment