Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Pier 94.9 Band Show Oceanside













I went to the pier earlier than usual today, Sunday, about 4 PM. The few blocks around the pier on both sides and on Mission Ave. were blocked and fenced off by security. A bandfest was going on at the amphitheater with many food booths behind the fences. I looked it up and a ticket was $35 for bands that I never heard of-but lots of people must like them! The water was beautiful. It said 58 degrees but felt warmer than that to me. I tore my swim cap as I put it on so my head was chilly. No wet suit. Visibility only about 5 feet. Waves not great for surfing-only a dozen or so surfers onn the south side. It was rougher than it looked like getting out through the breakers. I needed to catch my second wind after getting through. Then I had a slow swim in a big arc around the pier and the outer limits of the surfers. I didn't feel the energy today- lots of pain and stiffness still in my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment