Saturday, June 4, 2011

Elite Taekwondo Championships Oceanside Pier










Saturday at the pier there was an outdoor Taekwondo Championship and the day was beautiful. Clear skies and 69 degrees. Even better was the water. Temperature 60 degrees with very flat swimming conditions. No wet suit needed. The waves inside were small but there were a dozen or so surfers on the south side of the pier when I went at about 5:30 PM. I had a nice, slow, relaxing swim around the pier in a big arc. After about two hundred yards I swallowed a gulp of sea water while breathing to the side which gave me the dry heaves for about three minutes. After that my stomach quieted down. Aside from that, my swim was uneventful. My pinched neck was hurting and is hurting more now at home afterward. Hopefully it will loosen up some with some time. I'm glad that I went; I would have missed a beautiful swim day had I not.

No comments:

Post a Comment