Monday, July 11, 2011

Swimming in the Ocean Without Fins Again













I know the title of this post must sound silly to experienced, skilled ocean swimmers, but I am an ocean swimmer who wears fins almost all of the time on my swims. Today, it was rough-one foot chop, north current, rip current in the surf zone northward, 3 foot waves with good power surge. I got out ok-I was out of breath after getting through the surf zone, and I was pulled closer to the pier than I like-but I did fine.
I wore my yellow US Divers Swimmer Safety Vest again because I went finless. The swim heading out into the chop was a pain, getting past the end of the pier was ok (with the current), and swimming in I was pulled northward about 100 yards-not as much as yesterday. My time was better than yesterday. I tried harder. I was using a six beat kick per stroke. Any feedback on that?
Here's a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment