Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chilly Pier Swim

Today's swim was much like the last two days.  The chop was less and the surfers had some smallish two-foot waves with decent shape.  A kayaker was lingering around me I was told out past the end of the pier.  I had caught sight of something nearby and stopped briefly to see the kayaker, but after I was on the beach a couple of young girls told me that the kayaker was shadowing me for a bit-maybe to make sure I was ok.  I found another sand dollar as I came in today-this one was cracked in at the top a bit but a girl on the beach was looking for shells and she asked me what I found.  So, I gave her the sand dollar and she was happy.  We need more sand dollars and we'll have a happier world.  I didn't bring the camera today because I was not planning to swim today after work.  I changed my mind but no pictures, unfortunately.

I saw this report from Pismo Beach that seemed newsworthy for local ocean swimmers:
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/08/03/1705551/shark-sighting-pismo-beach.html

No comments:

Post a Comment