Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday Pier Swim








It was low, low tide Monday about 5 PM when I swam.  I went south to north without fins; it took me about 40-45 minutes.  The water was COLD for a change.  You never know what it's going to be like out there.  I caught a few glimpses of a few small dolphins before I went in again.  Water temp was listed as 63 but I say it was colder than that.  It was "face hurt" cold, and I never got used to it during the entire swim.  I think it was about 58 degrees.  One weird thing about the water temperature was that far out there were multiple spots of warm water in between the cold spots.  Visibility was nothing, the chop was minimal, and waves were average at about 3 feet.  Oh, that old house picture is the "Top Gun" house from that movie that has fallen into disrepair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment