Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday Evening Pier Training Swim






















The water was a beautiful blue on Friday at 5 PM.  Just a hint of green, and visibility was very good at about ten feet.  Warm again, with 3-4 foot waves.  The waves were breaking nicely and significantly more surfers than usual were taking advantage of the good surfing conditions.  The surfers were not limited to the small pier area but were spread out along the beach both north and south of the pier.  Swimmimg in I saw one Dad sitting on his surfboard outside the breakers waiting for a set with his little boy on his board with him.  How cool is that for a boy?  What a great Dad!
I did a relaxed swim Friday, leisurely and smooth.  My brain was thinking about life issues and sorting things out, but in a relaxed manner.  I usually don't think about life stuff while I swim-the swim is my escape from the life stuff-but I was sorting out good things and was relaxed and at great ease.  A cool swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment