Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two Other Ocean Swimmers Today at Oceanside Pier!

Surprise. I saw two young men swimming through the surf and out past a ways, and then returning after a while.  I think they may have been doing some pre-lifeguard type training or something because they ran on the beach and one of them took a long paddleboard out.  They didn't venture out around the pier-that point of no return that makes it exciting!
Warm water, 3-4 foot waves, visibility almost as good as you ever get around here-about ten feet. Blue-green color.  Beautiful.
No current at all out far. I stopped at the pier end to check the drift-none at all.  Flat water-good for breathing on both sides.

















I even found three sea shells after the swim.  I tried to get a few pictures of the two swimmers in the surf but they are just specks in these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment