Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pier Swim Brown Water Again

No pictures, sorry. The algae water was light brown today. I thought that it would be cleaner but it's hanging on.  Chilly water. I stopped briefly about 60 yards off the end of the pier at 21 minutes. There was a mild current running south. Surprise-I saw a guy-a swimmer in a wet suit swimming around the pier. He was right next to the pier-way too close. He must have gotten in after me. I didn't see him after that. I guess he was fast and got in quickly and left. 
The water was a bit choppy out far, and swimming in was against the sideways flow of the chop. 
Not too much to say about the water/swim today.  As I was walking across the sand geting ready to enter the water, a Dad with a young boy said to me, "This is golden.  This is too good to be true.  This is great."  He and his boy had been enjoying the water.  I agreed with him, of course.  Nice to see a good Dad having fun with his boy and loving the beach.  And the water was pretty chilly too.  I guess Dad and son were tough.
My time was 38 minutes-four minutes slower than yesterday. Interesting. It was the chop. I felt good-no pains, good wind, plenty of energy left.  Maybe I will do that Tiki Swim this Sunday??

No comments:

Post a Comment