Friday, December 23, 2011

Pier Swim w/Fins Sat 1PM Dec 23











Wow. The beach was a repeat of yesterday-flat, beautiful, sunny, cold water.  I swam north to south around the pier and it was totally flat.  I felt good-the neck was okay-so I turned around and swam back.  The red harbor police boat stopped by me to check me out-just a wave "Hi" back and forth , and that was cool.
What was weird though, was that the wind whipped up and the water got choppy and rough on the return trip.  Very strange.  I was swimming into the chop and the wind.  I got a good workout on the trip south to north.  22 minutes one way and 29 minutes to get back.  51 minutes in the water with my trunks was invigorating.  Old guys rule, I believe we say.  (In a few things, anyway).  Mostly we're just old and broken down.  My neck seems to be getting unjammed over time, thank goodness.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment