Friday, January 13, 2012

Getting Accustomed to the Cold Water












A 28 minute swim this afternoon just before sunset.  No fins, no good swim caps in my trunk.  Let's check the water temp on surfline.com.  57 to 59 degrees again.  I wore swim trunks only.  It took 13 minutes to get used to the water temp.  Maybe 3 dozen swimmers in nicely-shaped 2 foot waves.  Flat water outside.  I felt good today. 
I need to increase my time in the water, i.e., to stay in the water longer and see if I might be a candidate for longer swims--like the English Channel (not quite).
Maybe a 3 miler would be a good challenge to set as a goal.
The tide was very low today so I don't think that my swim was very long--maybe 3/4 of a mile tops.
I'll try again tomorrow.  The body feels better today.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment