Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pier Swim March 3rd















The water was calmer than yesterday but colder.  The current was milder and moving north to south.  I went around without fins and it felt like I was going nowhere as I swam. Surfline.com still says 57-59 degrees but my head and face hurt today for a couple of minutes.  I think it's a bit chillier than 57-59.
I stayed cold throughout and was still cold at home a full hour later.  A kayaker went by me off the end of the pier-I waved and he returned the wave. 
Lots of people at the beach today enjoying a beautiful day-no clouds, air temp 70 at the beach.  There were about twenty people in the water waist high having fun.  Well, maybe 8 people waist high and the others knee high. 
I didn't time my swim but it was about a mile at 40 minutes-I'm guessing.  I think the cold just sapped my energy today.  I'll try to get out tomorrow.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment