Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Mid-Afternoon Swim Rough-Water Oceanside













I've been kept out of the water this week with pain problems-seriously jeopardizing my swim streak.  I had off today for appointments so I got a swim in.  I just need a swim tomorrow for the streak to continue.  The water was rough today, with a big 2-3 foot chop to it.  There was a strong current running north to south.  I wore fins-essential for me today.  Surfline still has the water temp at 57-59 degrees, but my head hurt for a minute or two when I got in.  It was chilly.
The swim through the surf zone was a workout-took me 2-3 minutes.
The water had a pretty green color overshadowing the usual blue.  Bits of kelp here and there in the ocean.
I swam north to south and the waves were big on the south side-not neat waves, but big, sloppy waves throwing me around. Fun.  I sure needed the 35 minutes of cold and excitement.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment