Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beach Condos, Oceanside, CA





















Pictures 10, 11, 12, and 13 show the tops of the condos on "The Strand" that are just across the street from the water at the Pier.  I parked at the meter on Pacific Street, which overlooks these condos.  And there are two of these for sale right now for $750K, and $430/month HOA fees.  I just looked at the listings: 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, right on the water, beautiful, swimming pool and jacuzzis, locked premises, and more.  Would I like to live there?  You guess.
As much as I love this beach area, if I did have the extra money, I don't know that I'd be happy living there.  But, if you want to be in the action and people watch, or live there part-time and use it as a vacation rental, this may be for you.
If you go up The Strand north about half a mile, there is a gigantic condo complex where you can buy an older 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo that sits farther away from the sand and has a limited water view for about $400K with $495/month HOA fees.  It's a smaller condo, not nearly as fancy, in what the general population would feel is a less popular part of the beach. 
Why am I writing about beach real estate?  Who knows.  Just thought someone might be curious about the price of a condo here.
Picture number five shows 4 teens doing some swim/run/water skills testing for the Oceanside Lifeguards this afternoon.  Good for them.  We are fortunate to have excellent lifeguards here. 
The water was cold, not frigid. Surfline.com has it at 57-59.  That seems accurate.  I swam out for a pier swim north to south.  Gray-blue, flat, rippled water with no noticeable current.  No sea life seen.  I was kinda' looking forward to seeing something today after the whales here 2 days ago.
Small waves, 1-3 feet with good shape on the south side.  About 2 dozen surfers enjoying it.  Lots of beachgoers and even a number of people in the water-I'd guess 3 dozen hardy souls in the water playing.  It was a very nice beach day.
I took a picture of the empty Oceanside Amphitheater under the pier.  They hold the Oceanside High School Graduation there annually.  That's pretty neat.
No events today, which was nice-a mellow atmosphere. 

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment