Monday, May 21, 2012

Avila Beach Pier Swim

I was able to sneak in a swim on our quick trip to see our daughter play her concert in San Luis Obispo.  I got in at Avila Beach and swam out to the first white buoy that says "Detour Underground Pipe"  and than circled it and came straight back in.  Took me 40 minutes and was fun.  It was chilly so I hardly gave the recent shark thing a thought.  A lady told me that a dog peed on my towel while I was out, so that was different.  Up there the beach is a more relaxed atmosphere, I think, because the bad guys haven't taken over yet.  I don't know how far my swim was.  I hope it was over a mile.  No pictures-too bad.  You'll have to look at Rob Aquatics Blog for photos of the Avila Beach area.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment