Friday, June 1, 2012

Avila Beach Pier Swim

I got a swim in late this afternoon at the pier in Avila Beach, CA.  This place is a tiny beach neighborhood near Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.  While visiting for a symphony concert I took advantage of the beach.  The water per surfline.com was 53 degrees, and I believe it.  The good thing about the cold water was that it kept my mind on the cold and my stroke and off the sharks that live out here.
My swim was 44 minutes.  I just went straight out along the pier and then on to the white buoy about a quarter mile past the end of the pier.  There was a bit of a current moving northward and a rippled chop to the water. Heading out I felt like I was swimming into incoming water.  My neck gave me a lot of grief, so breathing was a pain.
I had a good swim, a good cold water swim, I should say, and I'm tired tonight. 

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment