Friday, September 14, 2012

Hot Weather for Oceanside! 108 at My House, 84 at the Water














Not good water if you're a surfer, but look at that gigantic sandy beach for strolling at low tide this afternoon (Friday).  It was incredibly hot today here in Paradise.  In East Oceanside, inland about 6-7 miles, it was 108 degrees.  At the water it was 84 degrees.  That is just unheard of here.
I got out and walked around to take my pictures before my swim and burned the bottoms of my feet.  I have blisters on them.  I did have sneakers in the car, but never need them. Live and learn.
The water was 68 degrees. Small waves. very flat and mild for swimming.  I went around the pier in 28 minutes.
Today was the kind of day that is great for families and toddlers to explore the beach.  There were lots of families like that taking photos of themselves, as you can do now with the I-Phones.
Man, we are lucky!

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment