Saturday, November 17, 2012

Families Taking Christmas Card Photos at the Oceanside Pier Today










I'm glad that I went to the Pier this afternoon before the new, earlier sunset times.  The water temp was 58-60 and comfortable.  The visibility was a bit better at 6-7 feet.  We had some small waves, one to three feet, with a few dozen surfers stretched out.  There was a small to moderate number of folks walking the Pier and the Beach, and enjoying some family time.  This is the time of year that families take their Christmas card photos (organized families) at the beach, and before sunset is a popular time for some families. 
I had a thirty-minute peaceful swim in flat, pretty water.  I took a big arc around the pier and went a good hundred yards past the pier.  No boats or jet skies to cause me concern today.  Instead of my latex swim cap, I'm wearing the warmer silicon swim cap now. 
Afterwards, I saw two big dolphins close in that appeared to be feeding on small fish.  I tried to get photos but my camera couldn't pick them up.  They are always a good omen to me. 

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment