Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beautiful Swim This Afternoon Around Oceanside Pier

I forgot my camera today.  I was deciding whether to use my lousy camera with blurry photos, but which I know how to use, OR take the better camera that takes clearer photos but makes me crazy trying to use it.  Then I just forgot to take anything.  But, it doesn't matter.  The photos would have been much the same as the past three posts of mine. 
The tide was low, but not crazy low like yesterday or the day before.  The ocean was FLAT!  Wow.  No movement in the water and visibility of about 4-5 feet.  No dredging at the Harbor today.
Very small waves, like one foot or two foot.  I found several cool shells, which fired me up.
OK.  Swimming.  The water cooled off more and now I can say the water is chilly.  Surfline.com has the water temp at 58-60 degrees.  Sounds right to me.  It took me about 10 minutes to get used to the water temp. 
I swim slowly.  I'm just slow.  I wish I were faster.  It took me 27 minutes around; I should be a couple of minutes faster.  I had good wind.  I was concentrating on the fundamentals of the swim.  My kick is lousy.  But I feel so much better in my head having done the chilly swim today.  And that, my friend, is PRICELESS.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment