Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pain Builds Character, someone said; I got more character with today's swim.













It's almost embarrassing to say it, but I have not been in the ocean since my last pier swim on February 6th.  Now I have excuses: old age, bad back, and pinched neck nerves where my neck is fused. But as they say, "Excuses are like asshol**; everybody's got one."
Air temp was 62 degrees and the water was 54 degrees, but possibly a skosh colder. My face hurt, my head hurt, as they froze when I was in during my first ten minutes.  I just use a swim suit and a swimmer's cap/goggles, so I relish in the full chilly experience. The swim was 34 minutes around the pier.  The water was nice, small waves, visibility about 4 feet. Sunny skies with scattered clouds overhead.  No sea life encountered.
I am glad that I got my nerve back to do the swim; it's important for me to continue to fight the good fight against age and injury.  Just participating is a victory for me.
A good swim and I feel some increased determination to get in again soon.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment