Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29, 2013 Rough Swim Oceanside Pier















I was feeling so crumby that I finally got myself into the water at the beach.  It has been a month! The back was not too bad today so I went for my pier swim.  I didn't get around the pier today.  The water was beautiful, aqua-green, warm, but quite rough for swimming.  The water current was running north to south fairly strong.  Some big, rough waves in the surf zone: up to 5 foot with lots of white water power surge and not much interval between waves. 
I swam out and encountered a swell of 3-4 feet mixed in with a chop of 1-2 feet.  The water was pushing in hard and it was tough to swim out.  At 18 minutes I decided not to swim around because I didn't have the strength today; I would have had to fight the water, the chop, the swell, and my own safety concerns today.
So the swim in was tough enough.  The rough water makes the breathing positioning difficult.  I got through the rough water and had had enough for the day.  Water temp a shocking 66-68 degrees F. Swim time 31 minutes.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment