Friday, July 19, 2013

I Tried










     After I wrote this morning's post, I drove to the beach to swim.  I didn't swim.  Walking the three blocks to the sand tweaked my back and then I saw rough water in the surf zone.  It was nice out with an overcast sky, the temperature was cool, about 72 at the beach.  Water temp 67.
     Past the surf the water was beautiful and flat.  However, I didn't have my "edge" that I need to do my thing out there.  I didn't feel confident that my body would hold up today so I did an about-face and went home.
     These pictures were not taken of the bigger, four-foot swells, but of the two-foot swells coming in.  Normally I would be saying that it was an amazing day in the water with this water.  There were extra lifeguards out and the yellow lifeguard boat was also out there.  Lots of surfers.  I think I'll go again on a mellow day since it's been so long.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Chris we know you can do it we have faith! You have to otherwise what will you write on for your fans.

    A fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will try again soon. Maybe I'll wear one of my tight, elastic, low back supports under my trunks.

    ReplyDelete