Monday, July 22, 2013

I Got a Swim Done Today in Oceanside, CA






     I got in for a swim of 1/2 mile or so this afternoon.  The day was beautiful, water warm at 67, and air temp mid70's.  People are still on vacation enjoying the beaches here.  I put on a pair of compression shorts, then I wrapped an elastic back support snugly around my low back.  To cover up the white, I put a thin pair of trunks on and wore a rash guard t-shirt.  I felt well-wrapped.  I am rusty.  There was a one-foot washing machine chop everywhere.  Also the current was moving to the north.  I did a 24 minute swim.  Out a few hundred yards, south a hundred yards, then north and in which took me 10 minutes or so.  My back held out well with the support.  I'll use it again next time.  I feel good.
     Back on the sand my back immediately started hurting as usual, but that's ok if I can swim. 


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment