Thursday, July 25, 2013

Short Swim to Get My Ability Back






The children with the yellow rash guard shirts and yellow, hard-foam surfboards were on the north side of the Pier attending Oceanside Surf Camp.  This is great fun for the kids, and occurs each summer.  The lifeguards are great here in Oceanside!  They also run a Junior Lifeguard course of 2 weeks for kids which is great stuff for the kids.  The pictures on the south side show water a bit calmer with more surfers.  Both sides had lots of beachgoers enjoying the day.  The water was distinctly colder than 2 days ago--about 64.  The air temp was about 67.  The sky was overcasy mostly at the beach.
I only swam for just 16 minutes.  It was very choppy--about 2 feet of washing machine chop on the north side.  I swam a ways out, took a look around at the chop, and swam in to the sand. 
I wore the tight elastic back support, which helped greatly holding my back snugly together.
A short swim but a fun one.  Now I need to increase my endurance over time.  I'm in rehab mode again.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."


No comments:

Post a Comment