Monday, September 2, 2013

Sept 2, 2013 Oceanside Swim Club Labor Day Pier Swim Done!

     We did the swim this morning and it was fun.  The swim was supposed to go off at 8:30 AM but it was delayed by heavy fog.  We went out at about 10:15 AM.  It was still foggy farther out; we couldn't see the big, orange buoys where you turn.  That was a problem for time and direction.  I felt like I would knock off a few minutes from my last time but I was actually about a half-minute faster at 37:12.  The water had a one-foot chop all over.  The water was a bit rough getting out but I don't think it was an issue for most participants.  The back and forth swimming trying to find the buoys was a pain for both buoys.  Also, on the swim in, the young lifeguards sitting on the surfboards as guides were too far north; this added distance to the swim and the run to the finish on the sand was longer.
     The water was chilly but nothing excessive.  I didn't want to bring my camera down to the sand so unfortunately no pictures.  A lovely, nice crowd, a demanding swim, and a new experience.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/sep/03/tp-once-around-the-pier/

http://oceansideswimclub.com/

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment