Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Relaxing Swim Oceanside Pier


Today I was ready to swim again.  The conditions were perfect.  Water 57-59 degrees, but felt warmer.  Totally flat out past small, beautiful waves.  Great visibility, very ususual.  I'd say up to twenty feet.  There were scattered surfers enjoying the small waves on the north side and a few dozen enjoying three-foot waves on the south side.  I wore shorts and my warm cap.  I am spoiled with my warm head swimming.  I'm going to have to discontinue that before I can't go in without it. 
The swim out to the end of the pier was 12 1/2 minutes, and the swim in was longer at 16 more minutes.  The tide was very low again but there was a strong undercurrent near the beach.  It slowed me down and actually took an extra effort for me to get through it.  A little kid in that would find himself mixed up in the foamy water above real quick.
"The first time you quit is the last time you try." 

No comments:

Post a Comment