Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gorgeous Beach, Oceanside Pier, CA (and it's mine)

     I felt very good this morning. When I came downstairs, my wife looked at me a bit surprised and said "That was the fastest you've come down the stairs in a long time."  Apparently I'm in a good phase.  Praise the Lord (and pass the ammunition).



I think this post will look weird.  I'm not a tech savvy kind of guy.  So I go to the beach at noon and get a parking spot right at the sand, as usual.  Same water conditions as yesterday: low tide, flat water, visibility up to fifteen feet in good spots.  Temp 57-59.  No wet suit today but I did wear the neoprene cap.  The water was colder in close for a hundred yards or so but then it warmed up farther out. 
I swam straight out to just past the pier end--it took fourteen minutes--and then turned around and swam in.  Total time 26 minutes.  And I felt good.  Nothing exciting occurred with the exception of two guys who were swimming out to go around the pier.  That's a very rare sighting of human life ocean swimming around here.  I hope nobody else shows up to crowd me out. 
"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment