Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Kicking with Fins




I was going to swim as I did the last few days, i.e., not for long and without wet suit.  Well, I forgot my goggles and my watch, so I donned the wet suit and fins, and my very warm neoprene hat, and went for a kick.  I went out just past the small waves, lay on my back, and kicked away up the beach and back.  It was nice.  My wind is getting better and my low back felt like it was getting some good exercise. 
Before I got in, I chatted with a couple down from Michigan for the winter.  The wife was walking slowly like me, plus a cane, and we talked about the water here a bit and there (Lake Michigan) for a bit.  I asked her about being gimped up--I suppose I should have use some better terminology--but she didn't seem bothered by it.  Well, she told me she had problems with her discs (lumbar) and so we were off to the races with disc talk.  "Do you get those spasms where you sit up," she queried me.  "Oh, yeah, I get those about fifty time a day."  "I get them when I'm lying down in bed," she says, and I tell her, "I get them when I'm sitting down."  Oh, ha ha ha...blah blah blah.  We're at that stage of life now.  Great (not).  End of story.
"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment