Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kicking About with Wetsuit & Fins


That top picture today is of an unusual sight--after I was out of the water I caught sight of a person swimming in--presumably returning from a swim around the pier. He looked like one of the thin, fit, triathlon people that I'm jealous of.  I ended that sentence with an obvious dangling preposition and it bothers me, but I don't want to rewrite it.  The water was a cold 58 degrees with an airtemp of 78 degrees today.  It was rough with three to four foot steady pounding waves very close to one another.  Just from the car I could tell that I wouldn't be able to get through it, so I went with fins.  That other swimmer must be pretty good because he got out on the south side--the rougher side of the pier.  Those good swimmers amaze me. 
I even had a mildly hard time kicking through the surf zone.  Out of shape.  The water was beautiful and clean.  Strong surge to the south.  More people than usual enjoying it.  I kicked it out for twenty minutes and called it a day.  Very nice.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment