Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Choppy Swim Again

     I don't remember the beach being so choppy for so many days.  I swam for about twenty minutes on the south side of the Pier this afternoon, earlier than usual for me.  The water was warm, about 70, with visibility up to six feet, I'd say.  A few surfers, but nothing to surf:  1-2 foot waves with lousy shape.
     The Lifeguards again had everybody crammed in a much smaller area than last year.  There's gotta be a new boss.  I swam out, then south along the beach, and back in to the sand.  I was tired halfway through and stopped to rest several times.  But I'm ready for some smooth water out here.  I need to make some progress.
     Oh, I just remembered.  I was bothered by the scuzzy young adult blocking the underpass walkway to the beach with the "Kick me in the balls for $20" sign.  But the large-bellied Latino man who was picking his bathing suit liner out of his butt in the outdoor shower was too much.
    

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment