Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oceanside, CA Lifeguards


Just took a few pictures from my car as I drove past the pier getting ready to park. Seems gloomy. The sun was clouded over. Water was warm. Still the green color to the blue ocean. I hit a cold band and a couple of warm bands of water out there. The chop was big and bad, making the swim not relaxing, but more rigorous. I brought two other pairs of goggles with me and both were lousy. I guess I'll have to spend more than $6 for goggles. North of the pier the rip current was strong. Nothing much out far. I'm going to have to get a safety kayaker with me and skip the swim fins for a test soon. It's time for a hard, challenging swim for a change.
I wanted to mention the lifeguards at the beach in Oceanside because they seem so excellent and professional. They are vigilant and well-prepared, watching that water with all the kids getting thrown around in the rough inside break, the people playing in the surf zone, and a guy like me way out there. Way to go Oceanside lifeguards.






No comments:

Post a Comment