Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pier Swim Wed June 15 Cleanest Water Yet










On Wednesday the water was the cleanest that I have seen it in probably several months. The visibility was approximately fifteen feet or even a bit more out past the surf zone. It really was beautiful and clean. There was a chop of one foot and a current (mild) running south to north. I decided to walk to the south side of the pier, get in there, and swim north around the pier. I guessed the water correctly and had a good swim. The waves were great for surfing, with bigger ones a good four feet. The water was chilly, maybe 59 degrees. I've been wearing fins every day and the last two swims I wore my webbed swim gloves because of current concerns. I haven't worn the webbed gloves for a couple of months at least, and they really help with the focus on the arm stroke and pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment