Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beach Quieting Down with Summer Coming to an End. TENS Unit Daily Now













I swam north to south this evening.  There was a mild current flowing southward at the end of the pier so I chose the correct direction. Slightly choppy water, poor visibility, small waves, water temp about 67 degrees.  My time was 37 minutes-no fins.  The Labor Day Swim is not far away now.  I feel well prepared.
My neck has taken a beating and I am wearing my TENS unit each day for pain relief.  I really should not be swimming this much because it exacerbates my neck and back pain, but it helps in other respects.  The TENS unit, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator, runs a low electrical charge through sticky pads that are applied to painful body areas.  Mine are on my neck muscles now.  I highly recommend TENS units if you have pain issues.
Parking is ample now close to the water as the summer nears its end.  I like the coming of colder water and fewer persons at the beach.  We'll see how long I can hold out with trunks and no wet suit.  That's a mind game with me.  I got some pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment