Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cold, Glassy, Sunset Pier Swim-Oceanside, CA








Today the water was completely different from yesterday; it was flat and glassy out there-great for swimming.  I'm still holding off on the wet suit and I was very cold coming in today.  I was wishing that I just could be beamed up and out of the ocean without having to finish the swim.  I had a beautiful view of the post-sunset, horizontal-striped, colorful sky as I swam out and a bright full-moon view on my way in.  Really cool scenery.
I even noticed when I was out past the pier that there was a blimp flying southward at about 400 feet or so.  I don't know what that was all about-maybe the Goodyear blimp?
The waves were small for about a dozen surfers-but they know how to work 'em to get the most out of a small wave. 
A gorgeous, colorful evening at the beach.  Tomorrow I won't be swimming because I work until 6 PM - after sunset.  But I guess that I'll be back at it on Friday.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment