Monday, November 7, 2011

Time Change Swim After Work











Neat, rough swim after work today (Monday).  The time changed, so it got dark early.  I got in at 4:30 PM and as I rounded past the end of the pier the sun hit the horizon.  I could see the moon behind me when I breathed to the right, and the setting sun when I breathed to the left.
The water was rough with a one-foot chop at least, but nowhere near yesterday's rodeo swim.  I swam south to north and was heading into a mild north to south current.  I swam in while it was getting dark-always a good motivator to swim fast.  The trip was 38 minutes-the current took some extra time.
The pictures show the before and after with the darkness after I finished.  I think that this will be the earliest that the sun will set now so I can look forward to the sun setting a bit later week by week.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment