Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cold Oceanside Pier Swim Thursday Evening After Work

OK. Surfline.com is full of it, I think.  Day after day, they say the water temp is 57-59 degrees.  Baloney!
Today the water was COLD.  It was face-hurt cold, and that to me is 55 degrees.  I wore shorts, a swim cap, and fins, and I swam freestyle around the pier in 27 1/2 minutes.

It took a while to warm up in my car afterward.  I have a good car heater.  Then I came home and took a hot shower.  Back to normal temp now-about 1 hour post end of swim.

No camera.  No visibility. Smooth ocean with small chop.  No waves to surf-only a dozen or so die-hards trying to catch waves out today.

Partly-cloudy sky.  Setting sun obscured by clouds.  We're getting to the survival point-the heck with photos.  I'm just trying to adhere to my goal of twice weekly pier swims through the winter months wearing trunks only.  That story remains to be told...

The wimp factor lurks in the back of my mind.

Enough for today.  Aghhhhh.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment