Friday, January 20, 2012

Still Going












I have doubles up on some of these photos above.  Oh, well.  I don't want to mess with them to try to eliminate the double.  Swim after work-Friday night.  25 minute swim with fins around the pier.  A visible current moving south to north tonight-the reverse of customary.  Cold water. Trunks and swim cap.  Low tide, pretty flat out there.  Small waves for the surfers inside-not many surfers-about 2 dozen.

I needed help from a few surfers coming in through their stretched out line so that I could find a hole to slip through to get to shore.  No cooperation tonight.  A couple of them didn't want to move a few feet to help this cold swimmer.  I thought about getting mad and yelling, "How about getting out of the ****ing way!"   But they probably think I have some perfect vision of them and their positions in the water, and I'm the one not moving a bit to cooperate with them.  For the record to surfers-a swimmer can't see sh**  swimming through the water with waves, swells, and chop--not to mention foggy goggles and a swimmer lying flat on the surface of the water has no view.  So there!  Now I feel better.
It is supposed to rain this weekend so there may not be swimming.  We'll see.  At least I'm covered for now--I got in with my trunks again and did the pier thing.  Haven't cracked yet.  Still warming up after a hot shower at home.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment