Saturday, January 21, 2012

Can't Swim After a Rain










I drove to check out the beach Saturday afternoon;  I was needing a swim to get myself going.  Well, no luck because the water was dirty after the rain that we had last night.  I figured it'd be like that, but I was hoping against hope.
Now there's a saying that makes no sense: Hoping against hope.  I'm gonna' look it up now.
Looks like it does make sense to someone--it says that it means one is hoping that something will happen, although it is likely not to.
That fits today perfectly then.
Not a soul in the water.  Very low tide.  Dirty street runoff into the ocean creating a bacterial & pollution hazard to swimmers, surfers, etc.
I didn't feel like getting sick so I returned home unfulfilled.  Tomorrow will probably be dirty water again.  I took a few pictures of the pier scene.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment