Thursday, June 28, 2012

Crowded Downtown Oceanside Farmers Market Thursday Night










Tonight was very much like last night--the water conditions and currents, that is.  I went to the beach about 5:30 PM.  There was lots of action in the beach area.  The Farmers Market had lots of people strolling the booths.  The chop wasn't there tonight in the water.  I swam north to south with the current.  I turned around outside of the south-side surf zone and headed back. 
The water was gorgeous--that greenish-blue hue that I love.  I hit the current heading out and trying to swim back to the end of the pier.  It was surprising;  the water seemed so calm but it was moving.  I got out fine but as I was at pier-end water, just south of the pier about 80 yards, I really felt the current.  I didn't really want a hard swim tonight but I got one.  I had to swim hard to reach the pier, and then to get past the pier.  I was tired swimming in because the current, albeit weaker, still was there.  The swim was 1 hour and 11 minutes total.  Kicked my butt.  Well worth the parking meter fee of 1 dollar.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment