Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday Longer Swim--Rough Water Oceanside, CA










I had a swim of 1 hour and 42 minutes yesterday (Sunday) in a very choppy ocean with all sorts of currents.  My goal had been to swim for 2 hours Sunday but I had a few times during the swim when I wanted to wimp out: the first time being at about 40 minutes as I swam north from tower 2 toward the south rock jetty.  That crazy water area again.  Against the current and breathing water mixed with air.  I had a few vomiting episodes during the swim because of the chop.  It took me 48 minutes to hit the jetty. A long time.
Then I swam south to the end of the pier.  Chop, chop, and more chop.  When I was 200 yards north of the pier, the water started moving in hard toward the beach in 1-2 foot waves.  I was getting ready to wimo out again then.  I was tired--arms dead--and I had to pull and pull and pull some more to move out against the incoming tide and get around the pier.  I hit off the end of the pier-about 80 yards out-at an hour and 20 minutes. 
Then, the last stage--the swim in to the beach.  That was even difficult--because I was dead. 
I didn't achieve my goal of 2 hours but because of the conditions I did OK.  This was another Oceanside Rough Water Swim.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment