Monday, September 24, 2012

Short Swim

This water fountain across the street from the Wyndham Hotel monstrosity has never worked as long as I know of its existence.  I wish the City maintenance people would turn on the water.  Don't tease us.















The water was warm today.  surfline.com has it at 67-69 degrees.  Small waves but a good number of surfers waiting for something rideable.  For swimming it was choppy and unpleasant.  I just swam out to the end of the pier and turned around and returned.  26 minutes of slowness.
I saw a fish (yay) as I was wading in; that was exciting. It was plump and about 16 inches long. Maybe a sea bass? 
Then coming in I saw a small stingray resting on the bottom.  Maybe the warm water is bringing more fish here.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment