Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Second Annual New Year's Day Pier Swim Oceanside CA

North County Times Article New Year's Day Plunge

I added this link to today's article in the North County Times covering the cold plunge in the beach.

I do my own cold plunge in Oceanside.


















It was a little rough getting in but nothing like yesterday.  The water pulled south mildly; farther out there was no current.  The water temp says 56-58.  It was cold today, like yesterday.  I froze for a good 14 minutes, which was when I hit the end of the pier and checked my watch.  The way in was warmer.  Lots of beachgoers enjoying a gorgeous day.  Only one idiot doing a pier swim in trunks: that would be me. Time 28 1/2 minutes. 
I can tell you in that cold water you really think about kicking harder and faster, and doing a quicker and more effective arm stroke.  I declare myself the winner, once again, of the Second Annual New Year's Day Pier Swim.  And once again I was the sole participant.  Perhaps next year a few of the Del Mar Plungers will do the Oceanside Pier Swim.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment