Monday, August 26, 2013

Nice Oceanside One Mile Pier Swim

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

I took the camera but I didn't give a rat's you-know-what for taking photos today.  I parked free (up to 4 hours free) 2 blocks back from the Pier today.  You can't beat that deal with a stick.  The water was lovely, inviting, and comforting.  Probably low sixties, but I got used to it fast: 2 minutes.

I'm wearing that white wide elastic back support every time I swim now and it is helping me so much.  I didn't get extra pain from yesterdays swim, and today's swim will probably just give me a little increased pain.  I wish I had thought of it sooner; my wife bought it for me at a garage sale about 4 months ago.  I have lost some weight and could use the next size down, I think.

So there was not one surfer at the Pier today because the waves were so small.  There was a decent shaped wave every now and then but the real surfers need the big excitement.  By the way, I recently saw that movie :Looking for Maverick's, or something like that, and it was very good.

It is time for the yearly Labor Day Pier Swim; I think I will swim it this year.  Although it pains me to pay $40 to do what I can do for nothing.

My mile Pier swim today was 37 minutes but my wind wasn't great.  I felt slow.  I felt that the water, although flat and calm, was pushing me side to side and slowing me down.  And I didn't have the extra juice to pick up the pace and finish strong.  Oh well.

I love the water.  By that I mean the ocean or the beach.  There is a flushing or cleansing that occurs out there alone that I haven't found anywhere else.  That may be a blog for another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment