Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thursday, Feb 3th, 2011 On-Base Camp Pendleton

We went to 21 Area, the Del Mar Beach Area, on Camp Pendleton, to get our chill on after work. The water was cold-maybe 57 or so. I didn't check, but it felt chilly. The water was rather choppy with some powerful, surgy waves. My neck has been hurting so the plan was to kick on our backs out a few hundred yards and come back in. No neck pain that way for me. I tried to reach the bottom while we were out there but I couldn't make it. I wear the Churchill Slasher fins and still couldn't reach the bottom. I gues that it was maybe thirty feet or so and I haven't tried that in years.
We could see the Navy LCAC boat about a mile or so north leaving the beach and heading out. That's the boat with the jet engines on it that make it float on the surface of the water. That LCAC can MOVE!
Hardly anybody on the beach. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment