Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday, Feb 7th, Oceanside Pier




First I drove to the Oceanside Harbor to swim but it was packed with surfers. I drove to the pier area and got in there. The water was 57 but felt chillier. I felt cold the entire swim, which is unusual. I wasn't trying to put much effort into the overall swim; I was concentrating on my arm entry, catching the water, and pulling, pushing, and recovering.
I swam around the pier and it was very smooth out there. The waves were small inside but a good shape for surfers-probably 2-3 feet mostly.
One interesting thing did happen on this outing. The tide was low and I found a large sand dollar in about two feet of water that was in perfect, intact condition. Since I couldn't take it on my swim with me, I left it near a pile of kelp up the beach. When I finished and returned to get it, it was gone. Doggonit! I think I know who got it. There was an elderly lady with a bucket picking up shells near me. I bet she eyeballed me when I went into the water and then went back out and dropped something back up on the sand. Oh boy. It was a nice one too. Watch your shells out there folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment