Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beautiful Swim With Dolphins Riding the Waves



















Today was a great day at the beach!  The water was flat and glassy with nice waves for the surfers to ride.  Before I got in I saw some big fish jumping around about 75 yards offshore so I watched for a few minutes.  It turned out it was 2 big dolphins playing.  Then they swam in and they both rode a nice wave side by side together very close to a surfer-about 6-8 feet away from the surfer.  The surfer didn't move at all.  Then the dolphins disappeared and I watched but they didn't show again.
I went in and did my swim.  No current, visibility about 7 feet, beautiful water.  It was cold and I swam fast for me to keep the blood flowing.  My time was 33 minutes 47 seconds.  Good for me.  There were 3 guys in a small boat out there past the pier that I waved "Hi" to.  They were probably wondering what I was doing in that water in my bathing suit.  I wonder that too sometimes.  But it feels good after.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

1 comment:

  1. It can be a little scarey when surfing and all of sudden you see dolphin swimming around. Everyone is a little jumpy because of Sharks. Its always a relief once the surfers know its dolphins swimming around instead of sharks.

    ReplyDelete